Pictures of the X2 progress in chronological order

Friday, February 16, 2007

We have Thunder Power!

Thunder Power has generously donated some of their batteries and will be the sole provider of power for my car.

Sponsors so far:

Batteries: Bob Burns at Thunder Power will supply the TP3300-4SX 14.8V 3300mAh 4-Cell packs, a charge and a balancer. These are the best Li-Pos around. Thanks Bob.

CNC machining: Aggressive Technologies has lent his CNC machining skills. Darren at Aggressive Technologies also mentioned that he knows pro driver Paul LeMieux. Paul Lemieux is one of the best touring car drivers in the world and has an impressive list of wins in the last few years. Hey Paul, do you want to drive this thing for me? Everyone knows that I can't drive. Plus, if you do wreck the car, I won't be responsible!

Carbon Fiber: I have been in contact with Matt at Ballistic Technology. He has done some excellent work on RC cars as well as top quality RC helicopters. He might have some extra carbon fiber to loan me. I have also contacted Wes at Out Front Frames. He has services available to make the chassis components.

Sponsors still needed:

Motor: Lehner can become a sponsor or someone can donate a Lehner 3060/7 motor for this car.

Speed Control: I have emailed Castle Creations asking if they would like to sponsor me. I am looking for a Castle Creations HV-110. If anyone has one available or would like to donate one, please contact me: nick.maslowski@gmail.com

No comments: