Pictures of the X2 progress in chronological order

Thursday, May 31, 2007

First test


The first bench test ended up like this. I got the clamps modified, installed the motor/ESC/Batteries and I fired it up. I wanted to see how much tire growth and how the tires would hold up from just 8s power (around 30v) which gives me a max of about 15k rpms. As you can see the tired failed. There was also a large amount of tire growth. I ordered some new tires and they should be in next week. Hopefully doing actual testing on the ground (no free-wheeling) will keep the tires from failing.

2 comments:

Ben Comana said...

Thats insane...

When you run the 12s setup, at full rpm what is the expected speed?

Great progress.

Anonymous said...

I've spun 1/10 Pan tires to 180 MPH (no load) without much drama. They have to be very true and balanced perfectly. I use a small lathe and prop balancer to achieve this.

When your tires are spinning slowly I can visually detect "out-of-round". I'm sure your hubs are true, but the wheels may not be. There may also be a difference in trueness before and after mounting. Ideally you will true and balance them on your hubs.

Keep up the good work, I want to see a record out of this!