Pictures of the X2 progress in chronological order

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Testing rained out this past weekend.

This is what it looked like 5 min before it started to pour
Here is John's car doing some high speed runs to check out the running surface.


This past weekend was pretty much rained out. John and I did get to go out to the testing area (Best Buy parking lot). We got a couple runs in but after 5 min it started to pour. This weekend looks promising. Much better for testing.

I got my new Futaba 3PM 2.4ghz transmitter installed. I plugged everything in but now I am having problems with the throttle again. It doesn't sense neutral. I have to hold the brake to keep the car from rolling. I am trying to set it up so it doesn't do this. I also installed much stiffer side springs on the suspension. I was using the silver 8lb/in springs before, now I am using the copper 16lb/in springs. This drastically improved the way the car handles. With the added weight of the extra battery, the car would want to keep swaying back and forth and never go in a straight line. With the stiffer springs, this has almost disappeared.

Update: I was able to adjust the throttle trims and subtrims to get my new Futaba 3PM to work with my awesome Castle Creations HV-110.

No comments: