Pictures of the X2 progress in chronological order

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Update

Quick update. I have everything installed and the body is mounted. The "X3" is ready to go for testing this Saturday weather permitting. I will be running:

Batteries: Thunder Power 3300mah 8s (4s+4s)
Gearing: 32p gears-64 tooth pinion, 36 tooth spur (chart below says 32).
Futaba GY401 Gyro installed
ESC: Castle Creations HV-110

This is a quick video of the X3 doing some slow passes in the street.



Here is the data from the Eagle Tree during that run:

Second run (more aggresive on the throttle than first run):
The biggest amp draw on that run was about 90 amps at 50% throttle. I was able to hit about 50mph without a sweat.

The X3 felt good and stable. The 4wd drive is a definite bonus over the FWD of the X2. The acceleration is explosive and I can still break the tires loose even with this car geared at 64 tooth pinion and a 36 tooth spur! The NEU 2215/3Y is a monster. My plan is to get around 100mph on 8s:

The only thing I am worrying about is the pinion gear keeping a tight fit on the motor shaft. The pinion has already rotated about the motor shaft and the set screw is no longer on the flat part of the motor shaft, but it has not come loose with all of the driving I have done so far.

I am looking forward to posting some good speeds. Its about time to make some serious progress with all of the power I have available. The X3 can deliver all this power to the ground.

No comments: