Latest pics of the X3. We didn't get a chance to do some speed runs. We got kicked out of the parking lot area before we could get setup.
I've made some modifications since the last testing session. I removed the data logging equipment and switched to a 2s 800 mAh li-po receiver battery from the heavy 1400 mAh ni-mh pack. I think I took off about a pound of extra gear. I also changed the old stainless steel gear for the delrin gear. This delrin gear is about 1/3 the weight of the stainless steel.
We're still looking for some more room to run. The X3 is ready for a 100% full throttle pass. Its been trimmed as much as it can get for now. We might have to go back to the usual testing spot and what speeds we can get there.
In the parking lot trying to get a run in before we get kicked out. Here is (L to R) Trey with his Rustler, Sunny with his Rustler and my X3 in front
Latest iteration of the X3. All data logging equipment removed and ready for a 100% full throttle pass. Just need some more room to run
New lightweight delrin gear replacing the heavy stainless steel gear
Worn out stainless steel gear